We have to admit that there is a bit of a blind spot in our repertoire for Australia and New Zealand, perhaps due to their geographic distance and the fact that we don’t have any Aussie / Kiwi restaurants around here. So unfortunately, we don’t often give this area of the world its fair due. We would like to thank our commentor Whitney for writing to us about Australian treats, and we figured we would do a link roundup of some Australian and New Zealander desserts, especially since ANZAC day is coming up on April 25th.
- ANZAC Biscuits – Perhaps the most appropriate way to start – these are classic rolled oat cookies associated with ANZAC Day
- Lamingtons – chocolate and spongecake – what could be better!
- Vanilla Slice – the Australian take on the mille-feuille
- Pavlova – the famous meringue dessert named for Anna Pavlova
- Louise Cake – a coconut and raspberry cake that is a favorite in New Zealand